B & B Tree Service
Why Choose B & B Tree Service for your Tree Maintenance Needs?
Benefits & Types of Mulch
Dutch Elm Disease
Rural and Cottage Country
Benefits of mulch
Increased beneficial soil organisms
Moderated soil temperatures
Added organic material to feed plants
Types of mulch
- Offers all the benefits and comes in a variety of shapes & colors. Most wood mulch will draw nitrogen (an important nutrient for plants) from the soil in order to decompose. More green material = more nitrogen, The more nitrogen the faster the mulch will decompose.
- Mixture of chopped twigs, chipped wood, bark, and foliage. Locally supplied ,most beneficial and cheapest by far. Available for delivery
- Mill grade, uniform, easy to spread, can be colored.
- Mill grade wood chips, uniform, can be colored. Cover the root zone of a tree with a layer of mulch 2-6" thick to make it happy. Be careful to Leave a space between the mulch and the tree trunk, mulch piled against the trunk can be very damaging to the tree!
- Controls weeds and retains moisture, available in rolls, Quick cost effective alternative for mulching large areas of new plants
UV protected - lasts years
UV sensitive - dissolves in a year
Rubber tree ring - Slotted to fit around the trunk of small trees, thick and durable made from recycled rubber, covers a small area around the trunk of the tree
© Designed by Leigh Herman &
YasTech Developments: Saskatoon Web Design